Once you’ve imported your podcast episodes into Buzzsprout, you’ll want to redirect your old RSS feed to your Buzzsprout feed. This will ensure that all of your current subscribers and podcast listings will look to your Buzzsprout feed for new episodes and podcast updates.
The best way to redirect your feed is with a 301 redirect
which will tell your subscribers and listings that your podcast has moved to a new RSS feed. Here are instructions on how to redirect your feed from the major podcast hosting providers!
Redirect Anchor RSS Feed
- Login to Anchor
- Go to Settings
- Click on the Distribution option
- Scroll down and enter your Buzzsprout Feed URL in the Redirect URL field
- Click Redirect My Podcast
We recommend that you keep the redirect in place for 2-3 before canceling your account.
Redirect Blubrry RSS Feed
To redirect your Blubrry RSS feed you’ll want to email Blubrry support
and request they redirect your feed to your Buzzsprout feed. They will need your podcast information as well as your Buzzsprout URL.
Feel free to use this email template:
I’d like to transfer my Blubrry podcast to a new host. Can you please redirect my podcast [podcast name] at [current RSS feed URL] to my new RSS feed URL at [Buzzsprout RSS feed URL]. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Make sure you keep your Blubrry account for at least 2-weeks to make sure all of your listings and subscribers move to Buzzsprout. Read more in Blubrry’s Help Article
Redirect Libsyn RSS Feed
- Login to Libsyn
- Go to the Settings section toward the top of the page.
- Select Redirects on the left-hand side.
- Put your Buzzsprout RSS feed into the Feed Redirect URL field.
- Save your settings.
- Finally, click Yes to finalize the redirect.
Make sure you keep your Libsyn account for at least 2-weeks to make sure all of your listings and subscribers move to Buzzsprout.
Read more in Libsyn’s Help Article
. Note: The article states this is a temporary 302 redirect, but this process will implement a permanent 301 redirect.
Redirect Podbean RSS Feed
- Login to Podbean
- Go to http://www.podbean.com/podcast-new-feed-url
- Select the podcast you’d like to redirect
- Insert your Buzzsprout RSS Feed as the New Feed URL
- Click Save
Make sure you keep your Podbean account for at least 2-weeks to make sure all of your listings and subscribers move to Buzzsprout. Read more in Podbean’s Help Article
Redirect Soundcloud RSS Feed
- Login to Soundcloud
- Go to your Content Settings Page
- Enter your Buzzsprout Feed URL in the Subscriber redirect field
- Click Save changes
Since SoundCloud has a free account, we recommend downgrading to a free plan to keep the 301 redirect in place indefinitely. Read more in Soundcloud’s Help Article
Redirect Squarespace Feed
- Log in to Squarespace
- In the Home Menu, click Pages.
- Hover over your podcasting Blog Page title, and click the Gear Icon next to the title to open Blog Page Settings.
- Click the Syndication tab.
- Under Apple Podcasts / Podcasting Setup, click Edit Settings.
- Scroll down to Change your feed URL.
- Select Moving from Squarespace.
- Enter your new RSS feed URL in the box.
- Click Save.
Note: Following these steps automatically creates a 301 redirect. Deleting the Blog Page or canceling your Squarespace site will disable the 301 redirect. Apple recommends maintaining the 301 redirect for at least four weeks.
Update Feedburner Source Feed
If you use Feedburner for your podcast it actually sits between your podcast host and your subscribers/Apple Podcasts. You can continue to use your Feedburner RSS feed and just update your Feedburner Source Feed to move to a new host. This will tell Feedburner to look to your new host for updates to your podcast.
- Login to Feedburner
- Click the Feed Title for the feed you want to update
- Click Edit Feed Details… at the top of the page
- Change the Original Feed to your new Buzzsprout RSS Feed
- Click Save Feed Details