New episodes will automatically be added to each of the podcast directories
where your show is listed, but it won't happen immediately. It can take up to 24 hours for each directory to update its listings with your new podcast episodes
How new episodes are added to Apple Podcasts and other podcast directories?
- Submit your podcast to each directory after publishing your first episode
- Your podcast is approved by the directory
- Upload a new podcast to Buzzsprout (or your podcast host)
- Buzzsprout will then update your RSS Feed, website, and embed players immediately
- Podcast directories periodically check your RSS Feed for updates, this can take up to 24 hours.
- Podcast directories will update your listing with new episodes, updated metadata, etc.
For example, if you submitted
your podcast to Apple Podcasts and it was approved, then your new episodes will show up in Apple Podcasts automatically. But it can take up to 24 hours before the new episodes are live in the Podcasts app.
How long does each podcast directory take to update?
Each podcast directory checks your RSS Feed for updates on its own timeline. That means Apple Podcasts and Spotify might show your new episode before you see it show up in Google Podcasts.
- Typically updates every 4-6 hours
- Apple Podcasts can take up to 24 hours to refresh
- Apple recently removed the option to manually refresh your feed from Apple Podcasts Connect
- Typically updates every 2 hours
- Can take up to 24 hours during peak times
- Google checks podcasts feeds for new episodes several times a day
- Google will crawl your feed within 30 minutes if you manually request a recrawl of your RSS feed
If you ever see that your episode is not showing after 24 hours, then just contact Buzzsprout support
and we can see what might be causing the delay!
What can you do while you wait for your podcast directories to update?
When you publish an episode, Buzzsprout will add it to your website, RSS Feed, and embed players
Here's what you can do as soon as your new episode is live:
Does this apply to all changes to my podcast?
Yes, it can take up to 24 hours for any of the major directories to update your show. This includes new cover art
, new audio files
, and any updates to your show notes, title, descriptions or podcast categories.
It's been over 24 hours, what do I do now?
If it has been more than 24 hours and your listing still hasn't been updated, email Buzzsprout Support at email@example.com. We'll take a closer look at your podcast listing and Buzzsprout account, and help you contact the podcast directories if we cannot solve the issue.